[Tigers] Hard top restoration

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Hard top restoration
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:57:38 EST
Hello and happy 2009 !

Gary Fish and I are going to restore our hard tops. In anticipation of  this,
I've a few questions:

1) we already have the glass side  windows in hand and I'm wondering  if
anyone knows the hot setup in
      removing the side window toggle  catch fixing screws out cleanly (so
they can be reused. Now
      unavailable)

2) though I own an Alpine parts manual and have copied the appropriate
sections with parts list and images,
    is there an Alpine parts list on the web so I can "play"  with the images?

3) I remember years ago that someone used a glass window in the rear  instead
of the plexi. Any comments?
      Any personal experiences? Memory says  it was cut from a Nova or Chevy
11 front windshield. Or was
      it just too darn heavy?

4) I noticed the front toggles for both the hardtop and soft-top are the
same. My hardtop toggles are really in
      need of plating. Did anyone ever sell these  aftermarket or will I have
to bite the bullet and go the
      re-chrome route?

5) Any words of advise in general or warnings of pitfalls?

Best regards,
Jim Armstrong