Re: [Tigers] Dales Willwood calipers,

To: "Jeff Howarth" <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dales Willwood calipers,
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:03:14 +0000
hi jeff,

front or back?   where are the NPT fittings?  i have the dales rear
calipers (they are mustang i think) and they take a 10mm metric
thread.  i've never heard of NPT being used for brake fittings as
normally you'd use a teflon sealant on an NPT join and it just
wouldn't handle the pressure in a brake system.  can you not just use
a standard 10mm or 3/16 UNF pipe union and a flared tube?   either
that or a 10mm or 3/16 UNF -> -3AN male adapter to use flexible hoses.

i have dales rears and large double piston floating PBR calipers on
the front probably similar to dales. I use a 1" master which works
fine if a little on the short side.  i tried 13/16 and even 7/8 but
they didn't push enough fluid in one stroke.  i also have a 15/16 that
i plan on trying which i think will be just about right.

for extra information, i use banjo fittings on my front calipers.

can send pictures if you like.

- owain.