Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump

To: AAAGLASSS@aol.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:39:19 -0800
AAA,

I don't know if emery cloth is the best tool for that job.  I would
think that a business card, to clean off particles or contaminants, or a
"points file" to get a new surface.  The "one click" sounds like it is
in the points system, or maybe the mechanical portion of the
electro-magnetic diaphragm area is binding.

There are LOTS of sources for SU pumps. parts, and service on Goggle
search for "SU Fuel Pump"

Here is a link with a lot of info.
http://homepages.donobi.net/sufuelpumps/sufuelpumparticles.html

They offer an overhaul for $55 + parts and shipping.  I cannot recommend
them because I have never used their services.

Rick, at SS, could probably connect you with a service he trusts.

Good Luck,

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com
<http://www.TigersUnited.com>

AAAGLASSS@aol.com wrote:
> Used emery cloth on points all it does is click once. Any one have
> these new in So Cal? VB has them $143.99 delivered. Tried Sunbeam
> Specialties they don't list a pump.
>
> In a message dated 1/24/2009 1:23:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com writes:
>
>     Triple A,
>
>     I am sure you've tried the old "clean the points with a business
>     card"
>     trick.
>
>     The next option is "thwack it with your bumper shoot", or shoe phone.
>
>     Then, as a best resort, get the points replaced with a solid circuit
>     switcher, produced, I believe, by Theo Smit.
>
>     Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com