Re: [Tigers] Brake System Recommendations Needed

To: "Jim & Carolyn Burruss" <cburruss@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake System Recommendations Needed
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:12:18 -0700
I was spelunking under the dash of my Tiger last night, making some room
for a brake pedal installation. There is a fore/aft trapezoidal
reinforcing rib that runs from the windshield base / fresh-air duct box
to the firewall, between the clutch and brake pedal assemblies. This
reinforcing rib should add a great deal of rigidity to the pedal
assemblies. However, on my car, the lower spot weld that attaches that
rib to the firewall was pretty much nonexistent, and a little bit of
flexing of the rib popped it loose. The next weld up is (apparently) way
up near the cowl itself so it doesn't contribute much to the overall
rigidity of the pedal assembly.

If this has happened to your Tiger then I could see where the brake
pedal feel would be more squishy than with other Tigers...

Theo