Re: [Tigers] FW: Very rare 1966 Sunbeam Tiger MkII in Vintage

To: Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>, "tigers@Autox.Team.Net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: Very rare 1966 Sunbeam Tiger MkII in Vintage
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:32:04 -0600
Yep, that makes sense. Ive never seen a mkII on the track either at the few
events with vintage racing that Ive been fortunate enough to attend. Also,
since we found out through Bob Dixon's phone call to the owner that its in
fact a mk1a, then that settles that. The only thing that bothers me is that
most people who own or race a Tiger would know if it's a mk1a or a mkII right?
hmmm....maybe he's selling it for a friend and got his facts mixed up or
something....I havent called the owner since Im not in the market right now
for another Tiger, but im sure a lot of these questions could be answered by
talking to him and getting that identification info. A couple of listers
replied off-list, and I agree with them, once the VIN is identified, talk to
Norm....

but if it's a legit mk1a, it looks like it's in decent shape....might be a
good deal for someone...

Cullen

Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: Very rare 1966 Sunbeam Tiger MkII in Vintage Racing
- $25000 (Austin, TX)

Cullen:

It may have "extensive" CVAR history, but that history is not recent.  I've
been racing my Alpine with CVAR now for five years and I've never seen a
MkII at the track.  There is a fellow from Texas that has raced his Midnight
Blue Mk1 or Mk1A, but no MkII.  Whether or not this MkII has raced at some
Texas events lately that I haven't been to, I couldn't speak to that.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
B9006857LRX