Re: [Tigers] Remote Filter Part Repair?

To: <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>, "'Tiger Talk List Tiger'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Remote Filter Part Repair?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:11:42 -0500
Bill
        I believe that is a tube nut with inverted flare for 1/2" tubing.
My Weatherhead catalog states this should be a 3/4"x18 thread fitting.  The
problem is that the inverted flare means you need a specialty tap to clean
the threads and not nick up the flare part of the female fitting.

        I would suggest you check to see if there is a hydraulic line repair
shop in your area; they just might have the special tap needed to chase the
threads or know other options for fixing your part.

        If you can find a similar tube nut you can cut slots down the length
of the threads to make your own thread chaser and clean up those threads.

Ron Fraser