Re: [Tigers] [off topic]Reasons I love Ebay

To: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] [off topic]Reasons I love Ebay
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:27:25 -0600
Steve:

PayPal did the same thing to me; either I take out their credit card or I
have to give them my bank account info and continue using the card of my
choice.  As you intimated, there's no way in hell I'm going to give them my
bank account info.  I really leaned on the chick I was talking to, and when
I mentioned the word "extortion," she admitted that even though I would have
a PayPal credit card, I could still use my regular car just like I had been
doing.  It seems that when you log into PayPal, before you confirm your
payment, you can click on "Other Funding Options" and direct the charge back
to the card of your choice.

So, with that info in hand, I took their credit card (they were anxious to
give it to me and asked me no personal questions or wanted any sensitive
info).  Now, whenever I use PayPal, I redirect the charges to my Discover
card as I always did and that way I'm still adding to my "cash back" deal
with Discover.  As for PayPal, screw 'em to the ground!!!!  If they want to
extort our business, the least we can do is take their bait just to appease
them and then use the crap out of 'em; and that's exactly what I'm doing.  I
have their card but it's in my nightstand drawer just gathering dust.  Screw
'em!!!

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE