Re: [Tigers] pulley

To: "'Teepen, Jere'" <jteepen@usatoday.com>, "'Scattt'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] pulley
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:28:22 -0500
Excellent question Jere.

We all need to do a little research to answer this.

        It seems to me that C4JZ indicates a 1964 part from the Ford
Industrial group.  I also believe this is a Tiger unique part number and
will not show up in any Ford part number manuals.  This does not necessarily
mean that the part was not pulled from standard Ford Parts.   It could
easily be a standard Ford pulley with an updated part number.

Single groove pulley means it is for a base model engine with just a
generator or alternator; no other accessories.

The Rootes parts manuals indicate that this pulley is used on both the MK I
and MK II.

Bob Mannel's book on SB Ford engines indicates a one groove stamped steel
pulley; C2OZ-6312-A used 1962 - 1964, diameter = 6.1" with a 3/8" groove.
Bob also notes that the actual diameter could be up to a 1/4" off.   This
Ford part number could be researched for additional information.

Anyone have an original pulley handy and can measure it's diameter?

The above all holds true for the water pump pulley too; C4JZ-8509-A.  Bob
Mannel's book indicates one single groove pulley, C2OZ-8509-A; diameter =
5.8", used 1962 - 1964.  Anyone have this pulley handy for measurement?

Ron Fraser