Re: [Tigers] pulley research

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] pulley research
From: wwwdg@webtv.net (David or Gary)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:02:15 -0800
The Tiger C4JZ-6312-A pulley is a Ford industrial part, I purchased 10
of these in 1986 from (TIPCO) Tuban Industrial Products Company "Ford
Power Products" in Mountain View Ca. This TIPCO pulley is an updated
Tiger pulley (looks like the original pulley on steroids, see photos)
The original Tiger pulley is stamped metal, the TIPCO appears to be
machined from a solid piece of metal, lathe marks are visible. The Tiger
weighs 1 pound 2 oz. the TIPCO weighs 2 pounds 12 oz. I measure the dia.
of the Tiger pulley as 6 3/32".
TIPCO C4JZ-6312-A box label note the "5-82" date..
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001330.jpg
-
Box label close up.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001333.jpg
-
Shipping label. note products Gas & Diesel Engines-Power Units-Generator
Sets.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001334.jpg
-
Part number on pulley.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001335.jpg
-
Pulleys nose to nose,Tiger on right.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001340.jpg
-
Front view Tiger on right.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001343.jpg
-
Back to back, Tiger on top.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001345.jpg
-
Pulley comparison, Tiger on left, TIPCO middle, 1962-64 "C2OZ" standard
Ford on right.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/21606493/356001347.jpg
As you can see the C2OZ pulley won't work on the Tiger as it is too
deep.

I don't know if the "TIPCO" Ford pulley is still available, List price
in Aug.1986 was $21.85.
David Franchi