Re: [Tigers] Panel Bond

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Panel Bond
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:15:24 -0800
Jim,

If you mean that the "rockers" (rocker arms) on the cylinder heads, they
are originally stamped steel, and Ford Part Number C2OZ-6564A.  These
are under oil film, and should not rust, much less be repaired with
"plastic".

If, however, you are referring to a body panel part, sometimes called
"rocker panel", this is just sheet metal, and common to the same model
year as the Alpine (Therefore not listed in the TigersUnited.com "Tiger
Supplement Parts List")

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/FactParts.asp

Repairs in this area have been from replacement steel stamped panels to
brazing, leading (sometimes factory original), Bondo, etc.

Some reference articles on TigersUnited.com are:
*
John Crawley's "The Restoration of PRRROWL"*

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/JCrawleyRest/rt-JCrawleyRest6.asp

*Larry Paulick's "Restoring My 1965 MKI Tiger - A Guide to a Project"*

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/PaulickRestore/rt-PaulickRestore.asp

A really excellent total restoration project by Tom Witt's - *Tiger
101*, that includes a discussion off Bondo and Panel Repair:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/WittResto101/rt-WittResto101A.asp

All of these referenced contents can be easily found through the
"SEARCH" magnifying glass link on every page.

I just used "bondo" for the search.  A very handy tool for a LARGE
content of data.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman