Re: [Tigers] Design Director at Rootes

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Design Director at Rootes
From: Paul.Tonizzo@sybase.com
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:22:35 -0400
--===============0075854997==
        boundary="=_alternative 0064F0C585257574_="

--=_alternative 0064F0C585257574_=

Hi Steve,

I'd like to hear what he had to say about Rootes development and
what he thought their strengths were.

thanks,

Paul

> Believe it or not, Peter Horbury, who's now the executive design
> director at Ford (and formerly of Volvo during the visual
> transistion they have made)? was once a Rootes designer.??? I talked
> with Peter regarding Rootes and he made an interesting case where
> Rootes could have been the "BMW" of today.?? Of couse this is a
> stretch as he stated?but he pointed out some of the strengths
> Rootes' Sedans had.? ?
>

> I bet Roy would be a facinating person to hear talk.
>

> Steve Silverstein

--=_alternative 0064F0C585257574_=

development
and</font></tt>
executive design <br>
&gt; director at Ford (and formerly of Volvo during the visual <br>
&gt; transistion they have made)? was once a Rootes designer.??? I talked<br>
&gt; with Peter regarding Rootes and he made an interesting case where
&gt; Rootes could have been the &quot;BMW&quot; of today.?? Of couse this
is a <br>
&gt; stretch as he stated?but he pointed out some of the strengths <br>
&gt; Rootes' Sedans had.? ? <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I bet Roy would be a facinating person to hear talk. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Steve Silverstein <br>