Re: [Tigers] Absolutely shocking!!!

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Absolutely shocking!!!
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:36:00 -0500
Thanks, Ron...I appreciate the help.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
B9006857LRX

----- Original Message -----
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
To: "'Andy Walker'" <awtiger@cox.net>; <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:56 AM

Andy
The General Data section of the Shop Manual states Armstrong or
Woodhead-Monroe with no other information.

I found one of my original front shocks and here is what is printed on it;

1223   8  71

Armstrong
Patent information

Type GT/7  71109/    Date 3 /65

This if for an early Mk IA

Others with original shocks still on hand should also check the print on the
barrels and report back.
Anyone have an original rear shock?  This is great information to have on
hand for all of use.  It would also be interesting to see if the numbers on
these shocks changed through the builds to the end of the Mk II other than
just the manufacturing date.

Ron Fraser