Re: [Tigers] Flipping Out!

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Flipping Out!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:26:54 -0700
Steve S.,

The original rear quarter windows put little stress on the plastic.
Replacement (non-OEM) rubber varies from supplier, and many are thicker
than original, and will put extra load on the attach button when clamped
shut.  This can lead to cracking.

When I refurbished my top I bought new plastic, and rubber, from Sunbeam
Specialties: http://www.rootes.com/
and they fit well.  HOWEVER, be careful to determine the left side
rubber from the right side.  The thickness of the rubber varies on the
inside vs the outside, and only one side should be "out". This may be
your problem.

Curt Meine <CMeinel464@aol.com> is a reliable source, as well, and
probably has direct experience with this issue.

Luck,

Steve

___
Steve Laifman