Re: [Tigers] Interior Replacement Question

To: "Rense, Mark \(GE Indust, ConsInd\)" <mark.rense@ge.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Interior Replacement Question
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:13:40 -0600
Does POR15 work as a suitable undercoat for the LizardSkin material? I
thought I'd heard that stuff doesn't really adhere well to POR.

I used a self-adhesive reflective material on the underside of the
bellhousing/trans area... The idea is that you stop the heat getting to
the interior in the first place. Dunno yet how it's going to work, or
whether it will stay attached there.

My suggestion: Dry ice, and mechanical abrasion. The dry ice hardens the
stuff so that it doesn't just moosh out of the way when you hit it with
a wire wheel. Wear protection against flying bits (and against extreme
cold, too).
Theo