[Tigers] Loss of 'shift gate' in Top Loader

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Loss of 'shift gate' in Top Loader
From: Rob Bernardino <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 23:34:27 -0400
Dear Tiger Gang,
Need help in determining a new problem in the Tiger. Was driving home
from work and shifting perhaps more briskly than I usually do.
Suddenly, it felt as though the shift gate between gears widened or
'disappeared'. The car still shifts and stays in gear, but I am afraid
I may have broken something. Any ideas, and is this a problem that
could strand the car if not fixed soon - remember I drive the cat daily.
Rob

Rob in CT
1966 Mk1A Tiger
B382000262 LRXFE