Re: [Tigers] A Shifty Question

To: "'Steve Sage'" <fastsage@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A Shifty Question
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:02:30 -0500
Steve,

I have used a single application of Valvoline synthetic wheel bearing grease
on the shifter in my Mustang for well over 100,000 miles with fine results.
It isn't as "thick" as the old fashioned natural wheel bearing grease but
stands up to the heat from the transmission very well.

Any brand of synthetic wheel bearing grease would probably work as well.

Don't forget to check the plastic pocket the ball fits into to make sure it
is still smooth and not worn thin. It's much easier to replace it now than
later.

HTH,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans