Re: [Tigers] 2025 Sunbeam Tiger electric car concept]

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 2025 Sunbeam Tiger electric car concept]
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:05:12 -0600
I don't follow any of the other 'orphan' brand and models, but it would
be interesting to know if the "Sunbeam Tiger" brand is misappropriated
for concept cars more frequently than others. Certainly the name Tiger
has been used and reused several times (as recently discussed, in
Germany and France, and also by one of the Lotus Seven knockoffs) but to
also include the Sunbeam brand would be stretching the bounds of
trademark infringement.

It's funny. The Cobra gets its shape copied by all the various kit car
builders, but they can't use the name, while the Tiger gets its name
stolen but no one bothers with the shape... There's something wrong with
that.

Theo