Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Tiger LED lights

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Tiger LED lights
From: THEO SMIT <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:57:40 -0600
You can't see the headlights from the driver's seat... what's the issue?

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=
10001&storeId=10001&productId=64057&langId=-1
These lights draw 25 watts on low beam and 50 watts on high beam. That has me
a bit curious because LEDs are more efficient (in terms of light output per
watt supplied to the LED) than incandescents. I bought a couple of 10W white
LEDs a couple of months ago. I haven't tested them at full power yet because I
don't have them bolted to a heat sink, but even at about 1/3 power they're
ungodly bright.  Should be good for daytime running lights on the Tiger...
when I get the current crop of issues resolved.

Cheers,
Theo