Re: [Tigers] Hood Release Handle Question

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hood Release Handle Question
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 12:07:12 -0700
Steve S.,

I have had some problems with the hood release mechanism, which
manifested itself as  being unable to release rear catch. The problem
was a lack of proper bonnet catch mechanism alignment that would not
allow the opening of metal jaws to reach "release" position on the spindle.

This was cured by releasing the hood though removal of front hinge
bolts, and hood.  The attachment of a flexible wire from the hood catch
hook through the grille, and aligning the catch mechanism so it would
release when pulled.

If I had not done this, I might have pulled much too vigorously on the
"T" release knob and broken "something" in the train.

Now it opens easily.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman