[Tigers] How long?

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] How long?
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:14:35 -0700
A little history before my question. Last fall I noticed a noise in the rear
end. It turned out to be a loose hub that had chewed up the key. In taking
that all apart to fix, I noticed I had a leaky axle seal, and decided to fix
that too. On a hunch I looked at the other side. Yep, it was leaking also.
Well as long as I'm doing that, I might as well just rebuild the whole rear
end, and if I'm doing that, why not put in posi. Of course I had to cut the
exhaust out of the way to get the rear end out. When I installed the rebuilt
rear end, I figured I might as well rebuild the rear brakes as long as I was
there. Then I decided to rebuild the brake booster that a previous owner had
unhooked because it leaked vacuum (I don't recommend that for the faint of
heart). I then remembered that the car would pull to one side if I dynamited
the brakes real hard so why not rebuild the front calipers as well. I found a
set of Walker mufflers that would fit under the car and welded them in because
the old mufflers had some holes in them (another job I don't ever want to do
again) and I'm ready for a test drive. Here's the problem. My "new" car is
quiet, the rear end doesn't make noise and it doesn't pull to one side when I
brake hard. I kind of miss the excitement. How long will it take me to get
used to this?

Steve (in N. Id. and yes, this is just to have some fun and generate traffic)