[Tigers] Mk 2 with stuck bonnet ?

To: tigers@autox.team.net, peter.laurinaitis.wg02@wharton.upenn.edu
Subject: [Tigers] Mk 2 with stuck bonnet ?
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:21:29 -0400
Not that I have a Mk2 but with the recent talk about this one
on ebay and my own recent experience with having to access
the backside of the bonnet bolts on my Mk1 I was curious.

How in the world would you open a Mk2 hood that had a latch release
problem ? You can't get a tool/hand past that eggcrate grill
to the bonnet hinge bolts. Being that those grills are rare and expensive
you wouldn't want to cut it. Anyone ever have to do that job ?

Don't bother to explain that it can't happen because Mk2's have rods
not cables. I managed it with a rod release.

Steve R
B9473720