[Tigers] Amtrak/Staples poster

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Amtrak/Staples poster
From: marden@mistral.co.uk
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 20:35:28 +0100
        I decided to send an e-mail to the president of the company and this
is the response I received. Enjoy! That is if you can inderstand it.
How can a poster get creased in a tube?

        Martin  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif;font-size:12px; }

        June 1, 2009
 Case #: 00041269
 Dear Martin:
 Thank you again for taking the time to write to us regarding the
difficulties you have encountered with Amtrak, our program vendor.
 In speaking with the management team responsible for the
relationship it was explained to me that the current partnership
agreement is set up only to manage shipping domestically. Due to the
wide cost variances in shipping international the system is currently
designed to have any orders that request international shipping to go
through a representative in order to secure an accurate freight cost.
 Per the contractual requirements set out by Amtrak, they will only
allow us to ship posters flat therefore roll them up in a shipping
tube. Those requirements cause the shipping charges to be very high,
even for domestic shipments. WeBve received that feedback before on
up in a shipping tube (to prevent creases).
 Thank you again for passing along the feedback to our offices as we
are responsible for the service and relationship with our vendors we
contract with and it will be passed on for them to reconsider that
policy.
 Ultimately you the customer is not getting the best of experiences
when they want to order these posters and I sincerely apologize for
the time and inconvenience we have caused you on your order.
 Thank you
 Stacey Marshall
 Customer Relations Team Manager
 877-235-9088 x33382