Re: [Tigers] Original engine?

To: "'kevin beck'" <kevinteresa.beck74@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original engine?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 09:14:44 -0400
Kevin
    4E22 = May 22, 1964
I would need additional information but it should be the original block and
yes it should be black.

Information that would help;
Vin #
Engine #
Build date code
Engine tag numbers; Ford started engine tags in Jan 1964, this is small
aluminum tag on the intake manifold
Yours maybe gone since you have a different intake manifold

The Tiger 4bbl intake manifold is aluminum.   I would have left it natural
aluminum color.

I'm not sure what is available for the rebuild of a 260 block.   Your best
bet is to talk to an engine rebuilder to determine your options and what is
available now.   Hot tanking and honing might take all the rust away.

Ron Fraser