[Tigers] SUNI update an plea

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] SUNI update an plea
From: "Lynn Wall" <cars@wt-inc.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:37:48 -0600
All,

Suni has now ended and for those that missed it....you missed a GREAT one.
Max could not have picked a better location or hotel.  We spent a week there
and could use another week to see all the area has to offer.  Thanks again
to all the event chairpersons.  They did a great job.

The area had received A LOT of rain (probably ordered by Max) and it was
brilliant green everywhere you looked.

The cars were amazing and it was great to  see old friends and make new
ones.

The speakers were great and the rally will go down as one of the best.

Now for the plea.  To the person or persons that saw fit to steal (that is
now  the correct word since the event if now over) the parts from the parts
swap area I would like to suggest the following.  If you have developed a
conscience you can simply go get a US postal order, have it made out to the
various victims, this can be done anonymously  and mail it to them.

The chrome GT door escutcheons were $500.00 and can be mailed to the
following address:

Lynn Wall

3712 Ecker Hill Drive

Park City, UT  84098

The NOS Tiger gas gauge from Doug Jennings was marked with a price.  His
address can be found very simply.

The NOS red and green dash indicator lights from Bob Webb had prices marked
as well.  His address can also be located very simply.  .

Steve Alcala suspects some items were missing from him as well.

It appears that all items were Tiger specific and of great value.   Based on
the hundreds of items that were displayed for sale and the
selectiveness/quality of the thefts, the victims and the attendees I spoke
with do not believe this was a done by someone outside the SUNI attendees.

Again, no questions will be asked but since these people, myself included,
were hoping to sell some items to help defer the cost of the trip or the
cost of their restorations, payment would be greatly appreciated.

Second suggestion/plea..if you have not developed a conscience do us all a
favor and stay away from future events, you and your activities are not
welcome.  You were the only disappointment in the whole week and you were a
BIG buzz kill to EVERYONE knowing we have a thief among us.  I cannot tell
you how many people expressed their shock and disappointment in this
knowledge.  We held out hope payment would have been made by the end of the
show or that this was a mere accident.  Sadly, that hope is gone.

Final plea.  If any of you know of this person or see these items suddenly
appear on a car or on eBay, please notify the victims.  I know I will have
my eyes wide open.

Thanks for your time.  Regardless of this disappointment I plan on attending
the next SUNI and hope you will as well.  It will be worth the time and
effort to attend regardless of location.

Lynn