Re: [Tigers] distributor

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] distributor
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:31:13 -0500
Owain,

What you appear to have is indeed a Dura Spark II distributor and that's
great! You can't really buy a better distributor! MSD, DUI, and others use
the same type of triggering devise, so why pay the money?

You can use either of two types of caps, the smaller type like the original
or the larger cap that uses a plastic ADAPTER between the bigger cap (and
rotor like you show) and the distributor, it's available, I'm sorry I don't
have the part numbers. Any numbers in the 70's through the mid 80's should
help.

Just remember when using this type of distributor (triggering devise) you
have to have an amplifier to trigger the coil. The best is probably the very
expensive MSD ($250.00), but there is a much cheaper amp that does very
well, (good for about 10,000rpm, which should take care of most Tigers) and
it's from Chrysler (still Tiger parts, Ha). It's called a LX-101 amp. Mid
70's to 80's cars. I think I've seen them for as little as $19.95 on up to
$100+ depending on warranties and whether it's a "high performance" or not.

Also, while you're at it put in the Mr. Gasket 925D springs to give you the
proper curve for your Tiger.

I show and illustrate all of this in my DVD.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187
TAC Insp #58