Re: [Tigers] windshield

To: "'kevin beck'" <kevinteresa.beck74@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] windshield
From: "Robin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:02:37 -0400
Kevin,  If the frame is aligned with the window frame on the door, you don't
need shims.  If it is not aligned, loosen all the fasteners and tighten them
against the gasket until it does align. If the frame is too close to the
window frame at the top, a shim is needed at the outside fastener.
Depending on when the car was built there are five or seven fasteners. Is
this what you needed? RObin

Subject: [Tigers] windshield

Just got my new dash pad put back on the tiger, and I'm ready to reinstall
the windshield. Are there any rubber spacers that go between the windshield
frame and body before I put the windshield on, I read somewhere there might
be, what size and where do they go? The windshield has been off too long,
and I can't remember. I did mark my dash wiring when I took it apart, but
now that's just masking tape on the wires the writing is long gone after 20
years, buts that's for later. Thanks Kevin