Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 3, Issue 284

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 3, Issue 284
From: "Mountjoy" <dsmtjoy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:50:41 -0700
Jeff,

You can have a drive shaft made reasonably.  That is unless you "need"  an
original.  Since you have two Tigers you already have the specs to have one
made.

I found out how reasonable they were to have made when I put a 5-speed in my
Mk I and wanted a bit more length to be compatible with the new trans.

I also had a drive shaft shortened on the LM Tiger when we were restoring
it.  Somewhere along the line it "became" too long to have free movement
throughout the suspension's full travel without binding.  This was also
reasonably priced.  (Ya think that's why the car did goofy things on the
track??)

Hard top trim?  That's a gold mine, worth far more than a ol' drive shaft.

FWIW.

Darrell