[Tigers] Engine details

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Engine details
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 22:22:23 -0700
At 06:15 PM 8/4/2009, you wrote:
>I don't think Lord Rootes would have even known there was more than one
>version of the engine.

Come on people,  were talking CEO's here.  So it's possible that
following his initial drive, Lord Rootes had his executive secretary
attempt to place a call to Mr. Ford, who happened to be cruising in
the Mediterranean.  This is long before the days of cell phones and
somehow, they made some level of connection.  I think a simple "I'd
like to buy some of your engines" followed by some level of agreement
was about the extent of the conversation with the exception of
perhaps how  Mr. Ford was enjoying the cruse.  I think "I'll have my
people call your people" was the realistic limit of the technical exchange.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering  LLC
http://www.tigerengineering.net