Re: [Tigers] max HP for toploader

To: <WHIZZZBANG13@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] max HP for toploader
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:04:23 -0600
I found one reference that says 450 lb-ft. Everyone else says it's
basically unbreakable. In the Tiger that may effectively be true,
because the car doesn't weigh enough to cause the kinds of shock loads
that break gear teeth. The only thing that will then damage the
transmission is running it with incorrect or insufficient gear oil, or
bad shifting technique.

Cheers,
Theo