Re: [Tigers] oil levels

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] oil levels
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:26:53 -0600
Hi Tom,
Many performance oil pans have a deeper sump in order to move the oil
level away from the crank and thereby reduce windage loss. These pans
should be used with an extended pickup (usually sold with the pan as
part of the package) and a windage tray to maximize the benefit.
Obviously you'll need to revise the dipstick marks or else your
interpretation of them in that case. I have a Canton pan, pickup, and
windage tray, and the dipstick reads about 1 quart low when I put in the
right amount of oil.

Cheers,
Theo