Re: [Tigers] SCF74 at monterey video

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] SCF74 at monterey video
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:16:25 -0600
michael king wrote:
> I heard #74 had an unlucky weekend at monterey.. this is an incar video from
> a falcon chasing the SCF car.. seesmt o develop a braking issue or tyre
> problem.. either way.. fun to watch it doing weeel before the problem..
> holds of a cobra without to much trouble.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYm2ITk2R5k&feature=channel_page

That's a great video. That Falcon (and by extension, Buck's Tiger and
the other cars in that group) is pulling some serious cornering G - the
datalogger display showed 1.2G in either lateral direction. It also
shows you how sketchy the (1963-vintage) brakes are - he's only getting
about 0.6G of deceleration. I'm sure that he could do more, but only
once or twice and then that would be it for the brakes.

Cheers,
Theo