Re: [Tigers] LSD ( Posi ) for tiger

To: PhastPhill@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] LSD ( Posi ) for tiger
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:28:19 -0700 (PDT)
Dana 44 posi's are plentifully but most don't have the correct spline count
for use in the tiger. I think you can find them on ebay with the correct
spline count (10 I think). You can also go the whole 9 yards and get new axles
with the more common spline count and use most any Dana44 diff, Sunbeam
Specialties has the axles and the rest of the parts as needed. Watch out also
for the diff size some are for gears of a specific ratio on up (or down). So
you might have one carrier for 3.54 and lower numbers, etc.

I think old
Jag's as well as some Jeeps/IH have the right spline count but I would expect
a rebuild on something that is that old.

HTH

Sandy