Re: [Tigers] Distributor Rotors

To: "'Buck Trippel'" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor Rotors
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:17:50 -0500
Yes, I have come across the same thing with my Dura Spark II setup (big
cap).  The way I discovered it was when I cut a "window" out of another cap
to check the phasing of the distributor, and sure enough there was about a
.100 of an inch gap between the rotor tip and the distributor posts. To
solve the "gap problem" I soldered a small piece of copper to the end of the
rotor tip, it was so close that it actually touched the contacts at first,
but after a few revolutions it cleared itself. (I wouldn't advise getting it
that close, but the closer the better). And yes I did have to clean out the
shavings that it left behind.
I guess the point is that if you have a "hot" ignition system it shouldn't
have any problem jumping all the "gaps", but if you have a stock system you
don't need to make the system try to jump any more gaps than necessary.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187