Re: [Tigers] 260 Longevity

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 260 Longevity
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 04:41:29 -0700
It's possible. Cars back then didn't weigh as much as you'd think, given their
size. My '68 Mustang California Special only weighs 2800 lbs. I had a 69 XL
Convertible until a few years ago. Probably the biggest, heaviest boat you
could get and it weighed the same as the new Shelby Mustang (well within a
hundred pounds anyway). The "big" Mustangs ('71-73) weigh less than 3100 lbs,
except the convertible. All that comfort and safety stuff on new cars comes at
a price. Our Tigers are actually kind of porky for their size when you think
about what other cars of the era weighed.

Steve (in N.Id.)