[Tigers] Fw: oil temperature

To: "Jerry & Maureen (Mo)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>,
Subject: [Tigers] Fw: oil temperature
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:29:01 -0300
Good dayy All:

I went through this exercise when I fitted an oil temp gauge to my
 supercharged MGB. In the early stages of operation when I was learning how
 to tune the thing, I detonated (donated?) a few pistons to the God of
Speed,
 and decided I needed to know more about things like oil temp.

 My research turned up a minimum operating temp of 212F ( to boil off the
 condensation that accumulated inside the block), with a maximum of 140F for
 mineral oil and 160F for synthetic.

 I also came across this article by a noted hot-rod guru Steve Jack who did
 some research on the ideal coolant temp as it relates to engine wear (which
 is not the question you asked but might be of interest anyway).

 Enjoy.

 Or not.

 Cheers,

 Dave