Re: [Tigers] Fw: [Tigers} Oil Temperature (Hot start problem)

To: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fw: [Tigers} Oil Temperature (Hot start problem)
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:16:11 +0000 (UTC)
When I first got my Tiger in 1971 with the stock 260, original everything,
it had troubles starting hot.  It would not crank, after it was running, it ran
fine.  It turned out to be a weak battery, a new one fixed it up fine.
I thought it odd at the time... when it was cold and the oil was thick, the
battery had been discharging all night and colder is weaker, etc. but when
cold it started right up.
I forget what the original problem was, but if it just will not crank, try a new
battery.

Gary