Re: [Tigers] Coronado Races

To: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Coronado Races
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:24:16 -0700
Steve,

You asked if we ever got a concrete answer for how the accident happened.
Like any racing accident, there will be a half dozen concrete versions, all
different. With any luck someone will post it on U-tube.

I saw the collision. The lap down gold shelby slammed on its brakes at a
point on the track where you would not normally brake (in fact John was on
the gas). The mustang did not stop on the track but I'd guess his speed was
only about 10mph. However when he chose to brake, John was only 10 feet off
his bumper. The corner workers said that John had no way to avoid hitting
the mustang.

Regardless, it's time to get to work to fix the sheet metal. (Suddenly that
dipped front clip in San Antonio is looking more attractive.) :-) Most of
the sheet metal will pull out but we'll still need to weld in a little.

Probably the most rare pieces are the chrome MkII headlight doors which were
pulverized.

Buck Trippel