[Tigers] Hood louvers 2

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Hood louvers 2
From: Bruce MacDougall <camelot15@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 05:38:40 -0400
After reading all the responses, and going thru TE/AE & Tigers United
achieves I don't think louvers is the road I want to travel. I'm not a fan
of oil film coating my windshield or me.

The Tiger has a new FMS 302 crate motor, Tom Hall 5 speed, new distributor
set to 20 degrees advance as suggested by Tom Hall, Dale A disc brakes,
steering modifications & rear springs, posi rear end, Griffin radiator, fan
shroud (original only), electric pusher fan and horn hole blockers.

The car has been on the road just one year after sitting in my barn for 18
and then undergoing 6 years of reconstructive surgery. It was TAC'd last
year at the TE/AE United in DC. I worked a second job to pay for this toy,
which is my second Tiger; Tiger #1 I bought in 1969 in San Diego and sold in
1972 before I moved to NYC. What a mistake - selling the Tiger.

Under "normal" conditions, not sitting in traffic idling,  the temp stays
between 180 and 190. On more humid days, I live in Massachusetts, it tends
to run hotter, although I have yet to see it puke out anti freeze. The
people compartment sure gets toasty.

I'm planning an extensive 6 to 7 week around-the-country road trip with the
Tiger next year, hence the questions about louvers to remove excessive heat.
I've got to make the trip soon before I forget how to drive and they take my
license away. I can't be driving down the road with my blinker on.

After all this I think my best option is to follow closely the majority
advice from the list: Don't reinvent the wheel, do all the steps already
proven successful and complete the fan shroud.

A question to Michael King: What is tunneling the valance?

Thank you all. Bruce MacDougall