[Tigers] bench building my tiger

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] bench building my tiger
From: "Doornbos, Daniel" <daniel.doornbos@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:06:11 -0600
I'm going to get started on my car in the next year and it's not going to be a
stock restoration.  I have been thinking a 331 stroker and some type of
injection with a 5speed behind it.  I also think I'm going to fit a
toyzjunkie.com cross member.

Talking to a buddy he said crate engines are down in price these days, just
like cars have been getting cheap.  Here is the 4.6l ford fully built for $7k.
High ticket item in my book but when you tally all the extra parts on this
thing it seems like a relative bargain.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford-Racing/397/M-6007A463NA/10002/-1&parentProductId=1
146100

I think this is way more cutting than I want to do on my car to get it to fit
under the fire wall.  But it has me thinking what if because this complete
motor weighs about 50 lbs less than the original long block.  Probably a good
100lbs lighter than a finished motor.

I know some folks have done some retrofits and fire wall cutting.  Does anyone
have any pics of how they cut their firewall to fit a modern EFI?  Also anyone
else running injection systems, and if so what kind and would you recommend
it.  It appeals to me as being more efficient.  Primarily I've been thinking
about the Edelbrock multi-port FI Performer RPM, I think it would fit under
the firewall with no modifications.

dan

Please let this be a distraction about the USPS vs UPS vs FEDEX vs ETC... that
spiraled out of control just last month I don't want to go down that path
again.