Re: [Tigers] Door hinges

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Door hinges
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:23:43 -0500
I second that.  I have also used a large screwdriver with a square shank and
vise grips to get extra torque on them.

        I have had very good success using 50/50 ATF and acetone also
straight ATF as a penetrant and lubricant but you need to get it onto the
threads which are behind the kick panel and door panel.   I had one bolt, on
another vehicle, that I could not budge and did not want to break that I was
able to soak in ATF overnight; it took only light effort to move after the
soaking.   Not that you can dip the car in ATF but you can apply and let the
ATF soak in for a time including overnight.

Ron Fraser