[Tigers] Drop Spindles

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Drop Spindles
From: rab65tiger@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:11:57 -0500
I have an old STOA set of shop notes/ tech tips from 1976/77 time frame that
shows lowering the upper A arm similiar to the "Shelby Mustang" trick.  The
idea is not really to lower the car, but to alter the geometry to add "camber"
curve into front suspension, which is supposed to be good for auto cross
performance driving, but possibley at cost of reduced ride qaulity for normal
touring type driving.  I think in the process the car would be lowered some,
not sure about the plus and minus of this suspension mod.  Anyone have any
experience with this arrangement on Tigers to share.  The actual book is on
loan to fellow Tiger guy so I do not have alot of details right now, but I
think the lowered about 3/4" and rear hole a little lower for anti-dive (less
back end coming up under hard braking).

Randy B