[Tigers] ANOTHER TIGER HAS BEEN SAVED!!!!!!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] ANOTHER TIGER HAS BEEN SAVED!!!!!!
From: "Fabbro" <fabbro@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 21:39:57 -0800
Hello all
 On Christmas day I drove my wife's totally restored 1965 Sunbeam
(Serial # B9470043) tiger home in to the garage and put a red bow on the
pearl white hood for her Christmas present. She test drove it today for
the first time. It was dry, bright and sunny here with the temperature
at plus 4 Celsius. We had the top down so we had our winter clothing on.
We have never driven or rode in a Tiger before so it was quite fun. She
took the 260 two barrel at a full 1500 rpm shifts all the way to four
gear (Wow LOL). She all so started out on a steep hill in second gear
not knowing she done so. Also all ways left the turn signals on. I built
the car from the start to her specifications here are some. Stock
appearing car with, moon hub caps (Alpine) and trim rings on painted
white steel wheels and white wall tires. Luggage rack, wood dash with a
glove box, stock wood steering wheel and wood shifter knob to match.
Very small cam in a 30 over 260engine with stock two barrel carb,
ceramic coated headers, 2" stainless steel exhaust. Reinforced X member
plus in the areas of traction bar and spring locations and front engine
mounts. (Note to readers I build road race cars in my spare time). 3.05
with posi unit and Koni shocks with stock springs. I set the car up to
take a 347 on fuel injection if she wants it later. From end to end the
only items that are not new or 100 % restored or rebuilt are the two u
joints on the drive shaft.

For the people interested in the dollar amount. I did all my own work
right down to taking apart and rebuilding all of the gages. I paid for
body work and paint after I had media blasted and did all the proper
frame, cross member modifications for more horse power later if she
wants. I also paid a racing friend to rework the transmission and rear
end with all new parts that I supplied. I purchased the Tiger, one donor
car, and a shit load of Items on e-bay and from Sunbeam specialties,
Victoria British and from over seas suppliers in England. Chrome some
engine compartment items. Total cost for parts and materials and
subcontracting out some of the work came to $32,867.98 Canadian.

I purchasing the Tiger on Aug 20th 2007 accumulated the parts required
up to October 15 2008 and worked on it in my spare time as a second job
till Dec 25 2009. It runs great and strait as an arrow. I still have to
put the soft top on and send the car back to the body shop for touch ups
and detailing.

Thanks for all the help on this forum and Peter Mc Donald (Owner of two
Tigers just up the road from my shop) for allowing me to measure and
photo his 1965 car.

Next car appraisal and B.C. collector plates.

Thanks all
 From Kim Fabbro and the new and happy owner and full time driver Pearl
Fabbro

Stock appearing 1965 Sunbeam Tiger 260, VIN # B9470043