[Tigers] Dynomax Turbo vs Magnaflow XL Turbo

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Dynomax Turbo vs Magnaflow XL Turbo
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:41:36 -0800
listers.

I'm considering two choices to replace my current Magnaflow straight through
mufflers, which were fine with the 260, but very harsh now that I have a
heavily modified 289 producing much more percussion and twice the horsepower
The Current Magnaflows I have installed are basically oval glass packs.

I'm looking at either Dynomax Turbo (which I have heard on other Tigers) or
Magnaflow XL (which I have not had a chance to hear). Both are more
conventional chambered mufflers with perforated pipes, the Dyomax is also
glass packed while the Magnaflow XL has no packing. I suspect the Magnaflow XL
would be a bit louder and more hollow sounding that the Dynomax Turbo, but
both would be a bit quieter than my straight through mufflers.   BTW, I once
had Flowmaster 40s, but the novelty wore off after my first long trip.

Anybody have any experience with the Magnaflow XL product?