Re: [Tigers] Oil pump shafts

To: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>, TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil pump shafts
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:47:38 -0800 (PST)
Use at least the motorsports part or the ARP version.  The one that I twisted
up was a ford motorsports version but honestly it was time for the motor to
blow and likely the cold day and big oil cooler and operator not letting oil
get hot before the run is what may have overloaded the shaft. I'm guessing a
limitied amount of oil can be bypassed by the regulator and with cold engine,
thick oil, and a couple of 8K overrevs was a bad combination. "Live, learn and
spend" was the motto on that  ;) This BTW is on the race car not a stock motor.

Sandy