[Tigers] Steering U-Joints

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Steering U-Joints
From: "Joe Brown" <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:24:05 -0600
Hey,

I'm trying to replace the u-joints in my steering linkage and I'm having an
"issue".  I removed the clips and pressed on the bearing cap on one side of
a yoke until that yoke hit against the other yoke.  This results in a
bearing cap being pushed out about half way on one side.  The shop manual
makes it sound like the cap should pretty much fall out at this point and
then you can press the other direction to get the other cap out.  I can't
get the cap out.  I grabbed it with some channel locks but it doesn't move.
Is there some trick to getting these caps out so I can remove the u-joint?

Thanks,

Joe Brown

Arlington, TX

B382000217