[Tigers] 66 or 67?

To: tigers@autox.team.net, AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Subject: [Tigers] 66 or 67?
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:21:06 -0500
I am in the same category as a couple of others here who have reported
Tigers that were manufactured in 1966 but titled as a 1967.  In my case,
I bought my Tiger new in October of 1966 (it came off the Jensen line in
August) but the powers that be at the New York DMV decided it was to be
titled as a 1967 and it has always said so on my registration.  When I
and my Tiger moved to Maine, I presented the NY registration at the
Maine DMV and they registered it as a 1967.  I guess I could have
objected, but, then again, you probably have never waited in line at the
Maine DMV.  Net result, I have a 1967 MkIA Sunbeam Tiger which carries
the license plate 67Tiger to tick the purists off even more.  We could
have the same argument about a couple of Tiger II's that I have seen or
heard of over the years that were title as 1968's and everybody knows
there were none built that year.  To me, the year is not the important
thing, it is whether it is a MkIA or a MkII.  What you call things
doesn't matter too much, it seems to me.  It is the essence of the
object that matters.  Of course, having come by my surname by way of
what genealogists call a "non-paternal event" some 200 years ago, I am
probably prejudiced.

Cheers,

Tod Brown (conceived 1940, born in 1941)
B382002384LRXFE