[Tigers] Air gag intake

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Air gag intake
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:53:45 EST
Tym,
That's what I used. With the proper spacers under the engine it cleared the
 hood with stock air cleaner by something like 1/4"  BUT, my Edelbrock carb
was perking the gas when shut down and it  was hard to restart.  I ordered
a carb heat spacer from Edelbrock (.33"  thick)  and then the hood hit the
stock air cleaner.
I can't get rid of the carb spacer so I am running with the hood propped
open.  I have an old Alpine hood that I plan to build some kind of a scoop
into to clear the stock air cleaner.
So, in short if you use the air gap  you are gambling.  If you  have the
perking problem and have to get a spacer you might hit and either find  a
scoop that works or remove the spacers under the engine which might cause the
fan to  hit the steering rack.
If I was to do it over I would not use the air gap for the above reasons.
Unless someone is racing they will never be able to tell the difference from
 that and another intake. I guess it looks neat:-)
Mark L