Re: [Tigers] Autolite 4100 boosters needed

To: "'wsamouce'" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Autolite 4100 boosters needed
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:05:15 -0500
Duke
        I do not have any of the parts you seek but parts from Autolite 2100
will fit and I have read that Holley parts will fit also.  I have never
looked at interchanging Holley parts so I don't know for sure in this case.
Looking at the Holley manual; the Holley 4010/4011 is the only carb with
similar booster parts.

I'm sure you have already gone through trouble shooting but I'll re-state
some of the steps.

Any time you think you have a carb problem the first place to start looking
is the distributor advance curve.
Make sure it is working properly and that it is always returning to the same
initial timing point.

Off idle stumble can be caused by the accelerator pump not working properly;
pumping too much or too little fuel, the primary or secondary throttle
plates are set wrong, fuel level set wrong; too high I believe would cause
this.

Last summer I had a similar problem with my 2100; it was the elastomer check
valve of the accelerator pump that caused the problem plus I found some dirt
in the fuel bowl and under the jets.

I did find an online service manual for the 4100; mostly the Ford basics.  I
did not see a trouble shooting section.
http://www.classicinlines.com/4100A.asp

Ron Fraser