Re: [Tigers] Tiger Water Pump

To: "'MAURO D'ANGELO'" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Water Pump
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:45:04 -0400
Mauro

Water pump assembly - C4JE-8501-A       This indicates a Tiger specific part
but only because of the position of the hub.
The original Tiger water pump is a stock Ford part.  You should be able to
see a casting number and casting date code on your original water pump.

1964    260 engine water pump should have C4OE-8505-A casting number
Aluminum casting
June 1965 289 engine water pump was changed to cast iron with C5OE-8505-B or
C5OE-8505-K casting numbers

Generally all 260 engines have an aluminum water pump and all 289 engines
have a cast iron water pump with some exceptions.  The hub is located
differently on each.

As always I recommend you never throw away or trade an original Tiger part
for any reason.  I would see if anyone in your area will rebuild your pump.
Basically a bearing and seal replacement is required.

First check to see if the fan belt on the engine is in line correctly. This
will tell you that the hub is positioned at the correct height or if it
needs a correction.  Now measure and note the position of the hub on the
water pump as shown in the Workshop Manual.   The dimensions listed in the
Manual are WRONG; ignore them.

Ron Fraser