Re: [Tigers] A little 347 goodness

To: "'wsamouce'" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A little 347 goodness
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 01:35:11 -0500
Duke,

That's beautiful - I'd love to be there when you start it for the first
time.

Feel free to ignore the rest of this since you probably already know it, but
just in case, here are a couple of comments.

I expect that the paperwork with the engine shows how it was balanced -
internally to zero or externally to 28 or 50 ounce/inches. That will
determine what kind of flywheel and crankshaft balancer to use. You may want
to think about converting to a serpentine belt system. The 96+ Explorer
system supposedly shortens your engine by about 1.5 inches in front. This is
what I am using on my Tracker and I can send you some pictures and
measurements if you like. (The engine is in my garage ready to be
disassembled, so it would be no trouble.)

In any event, congratulations, you lucky, uhm, guy.

Best regards,
A. C. Tynes